In the 1980s, Arnold Schwarzenegger was at the top of his game. His accent was nearly undecipherable, he killed at least 50 guys per movie, had the best one liners, and he probably ate steroids with every meal. Commando is probably the best movie ever made about a retired soldier who destroys a small Latin American country and kills a gay Australian villain in order to rescue his kidnapped daughter. In fact, I'm amazed that Out of Africa won Best Picture in 1985, since there's no way that borefest could have ever legitimately beat Arnold's magnum opus. Even the movie poster was badass. Just Arnold giving you a stone cold death stare. And the title is just one word: Commando - it assures you that the body count will be ridiculous.
|Arnold showing his daughter how to feed dynamite to a deer.|
|My daughter was kidnapped? BRB, shopping.|
|Bennett wears a chain-mail vest. Hey, it's the 80s...|
- jumps off an airliner in mid take off and falls hundreds of feet through the air into a pond... and walks away
- throws a guy off a cliff
- rips out a car seat with his bare hands
- picks up a phone booth and throws it at some cops
- impales a bad guy on a steam pipe, and suggests he "let off some steam."
- throws saw blades at a dude's face
- shoots about 200 bullets from a single rifle without reloading
|Many manly tears of joy were shed during this scene.|
TL;DR - Arnold destroys a small country and fights a gay Australian to get his kidnapped daughter back - 9/10